As the Kaiser Permanente Southern California research program has grown, the collaboration between our researchers and clinical care teams has also grown to meet the ever-expanding need to answer high-impact clinical questions to improve care and quality.
The 2019 Department of Research & Evaluation Annual Report shows how research at Kaiser Permanente Southern California is exploring new ways to transform care and the health and well-being of our members and our communities.
In 2019, our scientists and physician researchers were involved in 1,550 active studies and published more than 400 original research papers. A small sample of these studies and their findings are highlighted in the 2019 Annual Report. Featured stories include:
- Screening cancer patients for distress
- Resident research improves patient care
- Patient advisors revolutionize research
- R&E-hosted conferences inspire patient-centered research
- Oncologists as clinical trials investigators
Read the full report here.
Download previous reports and feature stories
- Targeting outreach to reduce lead levels in children
- Using real-world evidence to inform decision-makers about vaccine effectiveness
- Creating better ways to determine hypertension in children and exploring disparities in hypertension
- Producing real-world evidence from our cancer clinical trials
- Finding solutions to real-world clinical problems is what fuels our biostatisticians
- Developing decision-support tools that allow physicians in easily determine risk