Using real-world evidence to transform care
Kaiser Permanente Southern California uses real-world evidence to transform the care we provide our members and to improve knowledge of health care providers across the globe. Our research is based on real-world clinical encounters with a large, stable, and ethnically diverse patient population.
The 2017 Department of Research & Evaluation Annual Report shows how the close collaboration between physicians, researchers, and other health professionals allows us to address important questions that arise in practice and answer them with real-world evidence. This collaboration translates into better care at Kaiser Permanente that is then shared with the medical community and the communities we serve.
Featured stories from the 2017 Annual Report:
- Targeting outreach to reduce lead levels in children
- Using real-world evidence to inform decision-makers about vaccine effectiveness
- Creating better ways to determine hypertension in children and exploring disparities in hypertension
- Producing real-world evidence from our cancer clinical trials
- Finding solutions to real-world clinical problems is what fuels our biostatisticians
- Developing decision-support tools that allow physicians in easily determine risk
Read the full report here.
Download previous reports and feature stories
2016 Annual Report Feature Stories
2015 Annual Report Feature Stories
2014 Annual Report Feature Stories
2013 Annual Report Feature Stories