Are you a member of the news media?
We want to make your job easier. Let us:
- Quickly arrange for your background conversations, phone, email, and on-site interviews with our scientists about their research.
- Provide news releases and photographs.
- Provide access to patients who participate in our research if they are interested in being interviewed.
Please contact us to get started. Reporters interested in arranging interviews with any Department of Research & Evaluation scientist or staff member must first touch base with our Southern California Media Relations team.
Media hotline: 626-405-5534
Elita Fielder: 626-405-3004 or Elita.T.Fielder@kp.org
Fast facts (as of December 2018)
Research scientists 30
Clinical trials principal investigators 70+
Affiliated researchers 18
Epidemic Intelligence Service officer 1
Post-doctoral research fellows 2
Support staff 350+
400+ original research papers published in 2018
(excludes letters, editorials, and case reports)
Our top research areas
• Cardiovascular disease
• Health services research & implementation science
• Vaccine safety & effectiveness
Kaiser Permanente Southern California membership
Members 4.5 million+
Ethnicities represented 260+
Languages spoken 150+
Nearly 90% stay with Kaiser Permanente after 1 year.
About 78% remain with Kaiser Permanente after 3 years.
Approximately 71% remain with Kaiser Permanente after 5 years.