SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA RESEARCH PROGRAM
Investigators & Staff
- 65+InvestigatorsIncludes 30 full-time staff scientists plus clinical trials program leaders and affiliated researchers (retired and active physicians). Hundreds of physicians participate in research as collaborators and clinical trials investigators.
- 250+Research StaffIncludes post-doctoral research fellows, Epidemic Intelligence Service officer, research staff, clinical trials support staff, programmers, biostatisticians, and clinical informatics personnel.
- 70+Support StaffIncludes division administration, business office, operations, research IT, and communications staff.
Projects & Publications
- 1,420+Active StudiesThroughout Kaiser Permanente Southern California. Funded research projects and clinical trials. Include internally and externally funded studies.
- 400+Original research papers publishedIn medical and scientific journals. Excludes case reports, editorials, and letters.
Southern California Research Environment
Southern California Member Population
Southern California membership RETENTION RATES
Funding for research at Kaiser Permanente Southern California has increased rapidly in the past decade.
Total research expenditures
Total in 2018: $62.4 million
Federal grants: $24.7 million
Industry contracts: $16.1 million
Kaiser Permanente: $21.6 million
(Internal sources include the Kaiser Permanente Community Benefit program, the Southern California Permanente Medical Group, the Sidney R. Garfield Memorial Fund, and the Center for Effectiveness & Safety Research.)