Jaejin An, PhD
Research Scientist II
Division of Epidemiologic Research
Dr. Jaejin An is a pharmacoepidemiologist and outcomes researcher whose work focuses on understanding medication utilization, medication adherence, and disease management patterns. She also has interests in drug efficacy, safety, and pharmacoeconomics. Her research has applications for patient quality of care and outcomes.
Dr. An’s clinical focus is in the treatment, prevention, and comorbidity management of cardiovascular diseases, including hypertension, dyslipidemia, atrial fibrillation, and diabetes. She has substantial experience leading and collaborating on multisite observational studies. She is the multiple PI of the NIH -funded studies to determine the optimal blood pressure screening and treatment strategies in young adults, and to improve atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease risk prediction and lipid lowering treatment strategies.
Areas of Focus
- Pharmacoepidemiology and comparative effectiveness research
- Medication adherence
- Cardiovascular risk factors, treatment, and outcomes
University of Southern California
Honors and Awards
- AGING Initiative Multiple Chronic Conditions Scholar, 2020-2021
- Gold Medal Abstract Award, Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy, 2017-2018
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Managed Care & Specialty Pharmacy, 2017-present
- Best New Investigator Poster Award, ISPOR, 2013