Lewei Duan, PhD, MS
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
Division of Health Services Research & Implementation Science
Lewei Duan is a health economist and post-doctoral research fellow in the Department of Research & Evaluation. She has a broad interest in improving quality of care for older adults and underserved populations. She is also interested in examining the interface of legislation and clinical practice in regard to helping patients make wiser treatment choices, aiding physicians in developing better health delivery behaviors, and working with health care systems to identify and mitigate low-value care measures and their unintended consequences. Lewei Duan is also engaged in developing statistically robust techniques to improve health outcomes and implementation science research.
Prior to her current position, Lewei Duan served as a biostatistician in the Department of Research & Evaluation, where she conducted rigorous applied research in delivery system settings with both clinicians and scientists.
Areas of Focus
- Health economics and health policy
- Geriatrics care and palliative care
- Statistical methodology
- Cardiology and dementia
Honors and Awards
- Edwards Lifesciences Fellowship, University of Southern California
- Methodology Proposal Funding Award, Kaiser Permanente Southern California
- Theodore and Wen-Hui Chen Fellowship, USC provost’s Fellowship