- Research Associate Professor, Keck School of Medicine of USC, Department of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA
- MD, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York
- Residency, Resident and Chief Resident, Department of Medicine, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York
- Fellowship, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Stanford School of Medicine, Stanford, California
- MS, Health Services Research, Stanford School of Medicine, Stanford, California
Dr. Gould uses the tools of meta-analysis, decision analysis, cost-effectiveness analysis and large database analysis to examine multiple dimensions of health care quality (including safety, effectiveness, efficiency, equity and timeliness of care) for patients with lung cancer, venous thromboembolism and respiratory disease. His other interests include the development and implementation of clinical practice guidelines, and the use of computerized decision support systems to improve the quality of care.